Monday, June 06, 2005

May 30-June 5th

I'm sitting in the midst of my tiredness and thinking. It's never a good thing for me to do. This week was my birthday week as many know. For some reason every year I get in this little rut at this time. I'm not sure if its a lil birthday depression or what. But this year, my week has gone a little differently.

Monday was my birthday. I had a great day! people were wishing me happy birthday left, right and centre. A lot of people I didn't think would even remember it. People I didn't even know! And I also booked my car to go into the dealership to get the timing belt done.

Tuesday a little stressed. I started to get a lil stressed from my car that was going in on Wednesday. So I cleaned. Seems to be the thing I do.

Wednesday
I took my car into Roseland Voltswagon. Felt kinda better 'cause it was something I need to get done. At the same time I'm thinking to myself that, that was just airfare to Brazil. Mike (yet another one) at the dealership gave me a ride home. Then since my house was clean I had nothing to do but chat to people. So I started talking to Mike online. Talking about my car and how Brett just phone me and told me what all had to be done. Timing belt - 600. no surprise. GlowPlug - 150 bucks. alright it happens. Brakes - 600 bucks... (they told me Fall season) makes me start to think... sure that happens too. Even though it's the second time in 6 years. And then my starter, another 600 bucks. Mike tells me to phone Mike at Joes Auto in Hamilton. I do. He tells me they're crazy for charging me that much. Asks me if i can stop them from doing anything more on the car and bring it to him. I told VW to do the timing belt and the plug thats it. Picked the car up $832 later.

Thursday - Met Mike for coffee 9am. As I said to Jen, I forgot to be nervous. He took me over to see Mike about my car. Mike the mechanic told me the parts were expensive but he would charge me a lot for labour. "okay. how much?" ... "800 bucks for the brakes and starter." as he said with this look like "I'm so sorry!" in his eyes. There goes one week in Brazil. The two of them asked if that was ok. Well no but i can't do it any cheaper, and it has to be done. right? so what else can I do. And it's still 400 bucks cheaper than VW.

Friday - Took the car in. Took the bus home. Mike kinda laughed at me when he asked me how I was getting home. Decided to get off a few stops early just to walk home and listened to my discman. Thought maybe I could create a business selling deoderant to people before they step onto the bus. Cae liked this idea and asked if I could come to Brazil and sell it to some of his patients. I might be able so make some money off this! So then, I got a migrane. Went to bed for a couple hours. My cell phone rang 3 times. Auto shop, Jen, Auto shop. Mike said he would phone me at 2. I was amazed it was ready and done for me exactly when he said it would be. *shocked a man actually called when he said he would!* So I hopped on the bus and went back.

MIKE: "Wanna see ur brakes?" ME: "i dunno, do I?" "
MIKE".. probably not!" "OMG! they said they had a little rust!" MIKE: "This is probably one of the worst I've seen!.. come on I'll take you for a ride"

So Mike took me out in my car just to make sure things went ok. (I'm assuming) Had a lil convo in the car. Was pretty nice actually. Got back and followed him inside.
Paid him. 20 bucks short. Crap! Gave him a box of Girl Guide cookies. (I don't know if anyone else noticed this year they're horrible!) Anyway, told me not to worry about the 20 bucks, but of course I'll take it to him tomorrow. Friday night, feelin alright. Lotta stress off with the car being done. But haven't talked to Mike online in a couple days. Kinda worries me because of whats going on in his life right now.

Saturday - James comes over about 2:30pm. Hot Dan drops him off. Didnt meet him then though. James is all gitty and happy and cute. Comes in and tells me hes got a Boyfriend named Hot Dan lol. YAY JAMES! *Leanne officially the last single girl standing in her group of friends* (not that James is a girl) So Lisa and him went to get my cake and booze. I went out to get salsa. Came home. Made James have a nap in my bedroom.
I did nothing around the house for a couple hours. Then woke james up (woke him with the flash of my camera)and I had a coffee. That worked! I was wired! It was about 7pm and after my coffee I opened the Arbour Mist Wine. Or should I say juice? Downed one glass of that. (you should knkow i only get drunk about once a year on my b-day party day) By the time Jen, Kevin and Shannon showed up James and I finished the bottle of wine. I was feelin good! No food in stomach. Not a good idea! So i kinda stopped for an hour and hit the Funky Monkey Martinis that I make with 90% booze and 10% cream or milk. Great drink! And well the rest is history...

Sunday - watered the garden, took james home. On my way home i realized, even though I've had a rather stressfull week, I've been happy. I've been who I havent seen in a long time. Then I realized why. This week I've been meeting people and socializzing like I used to. I love people. I love meeting people and spending time with them. So why aren't I doing this more? I thought back to through my week and things stood out to me. Like when Mike said to me "You seem like your're a happy person." or when the other Mike asked "Why don't you have a boyfriend?" Everything has just come together for me. I need to do something out of here. Change something. Find somewhere to volunteer or something. just something. Maybe I'll go to Toronto and volunteer for Sick Kids. Hell! they gave so much to me growing up, I might as well give them my time back right? This year it is my goal to meet people and socialize. My mother keeps telling me, "Leanne, ever since you were little you always were the social one! You have the greatest heart and love people for everything they can be. You need to get out of that house and meet people." Well mom, I miss me and I have to get back to it. I am a happy person and when I'm around people it really comes out. Believe it or not, I'm agreeing with my mother. It's a miracle!
**Operation Social Life** Here I come world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home