Monday, June 20, 2005

Why was it so good?



Monday morning. just. I'm not completely awake yet but my coffees on and im gettin there. Its gorgeous out! This weekend was a good weekend. I was in a very bubbley mood and mom and dad were in a good mood as well. It was nice. No fighting. I'm not sure why it was such a great weekend. Everything starting from the drive up should have pointed in the very bad weekend direction. It started with the 7 hour drive up. Maybe cause I left not wanting to go, so my mind wasn't in the driving frame. I had to go to Toronto to pick up some eye drops from Toronto Sick Kids. So that was fine. Traffic was a lil slow due to construction but an hour from Dundas is ok. As i ran into Sick Kids I gave Maddie a lil rawhide leather so she wouldn't chew everything else. Took me 10 minutes to get my meds. Now I had to figure out how to get to the 400 from Sick Kids. So I figured back track to the 427. So off i went. Of course getting on the the gardnier is always slow at frist. 20 minutes later traffic was good. Took the 427 exit and it put me out too far to pick up the 400. Why do I always do this?! So back tracked and decided well fine, I'll just go all the way back to like Burlington and pick up the 407. Should only take me 20 minutes to get back. Traffic jam. thought i was going to die! An hour taken up by backtracking and like an hour and a half to get back to Burlington. Then I thought do I really want to go to the cottage now? I was going to hit traffic in Barrie and by this time I was in the mood. Also poor Maddie in the back being an angel. I must say say ever since she was 3 monthes old, mom and I have been travelling to find cottages etc with her and she just sleeps the whole way. She for sure a travelling dog. So I went. I somehow managed to stay just ahead of the traffic and made it to the Haliburton, in day light (for once) and by 7pm. With one stop in Gravenhurst to pee since I had to since on my way to Toronto.


So, when i got to the cottage it was pouring rain. Yet another reason I should of stayed home. I left sun to get wet in the rain. Went in and unloaded some of the food mom sent up with me. Decided I was going to make soup. So peeled potatoes and cut up onions. Made cream of potato and onion soup since it was all we had up there. After that mom and dad showed up at about 10:30. They had a wedding in Stouffville? so came up after that. Gave them some soup as mom asked me how my drive was. lol She asked why I didnt just stay home. I don't know lol. So then She asked me what i want to do this weekend. I said i want to go to the dairy and catch a fish. My goal this summer is to go to the dairy and everytime I go I have to try a different flavour. As many know I LOVE the Kwaratha Dairy Ice Cream and plan to be there alot. So Saturday comes. Got up at noon. Best sleep ever! Mom also left me alone. I woke up as they pulled in the drive from going into town. I had my shower and dad and mom and I (and of course maddie) went out in the boat. Overcast and raining all Saturday. Another reason I shouldn't have left home. Mom drove the boat. I just vegged and looked around. Then we came back. Mom went up and dad and I went back out in the boat. I tried fishing. No fish. Got back at about 5:30. Mom was in bed, dad and I had soup and Dad went to bed. Then I read some of the boating book and we just vegged around the cottage. Sunday we planned to go to town to get ice cream. It didnt happen. Instead we went out in the boat again. Mom drove again. I fished as we trolled. Then mom had to go pee. Again. Shes worse than the dog. An hour out and shes gotta go pee. So dad and i took her back then went out again. This time I was ready with the camera. gave up on the darn fish. 2 hours and nothin but a snag. Dumb fish! So took some awesome pictures! Loons, of a seagull taking off really neat things. ended up taking like 40. Started to head back. The whole time I was thinking, the camera was on Automatic. NO! The camera was on manual and I didnt know! F*** So I turned it to Auto. By this time it was too late. All my pictures turned out almost black cause I didn't know so I didn't adjust the light. I almost died. Thank goodness we have loons all over our lake and I can get them again. But what I couldn't understand was why my pics of Maddie turned out before we left, and some on the boat turned out, but 50% of them didnt. oh well. So All in all things went ok. Even though My pictures didn't turn out, I didn't get ice cream, it was overcast and I didn't catch a fish. lol. I'm probably going to go up next weekend with Lisa and just go into Bancroft and such do some towning. Get ice cream! lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home